Welcome to the MYO Plant Nutrition Privacy Notice.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice how we collect, use, disclose and protect your Personal Information and respect any rights you benefit from under your local law.
In this Privacy Notice “we“, “us” and “our” refers to all the companies of the MYO Plant Nutrition. As this Privacy Notice applies globally, there may be differences in how we collect, use or disclose your Personal Information from country to country, in which case we will inform you about any specific processing activities that take place in your country.
YOOMA Europe Limited, the parent company of the Group, has its registered office c/o Hill Dickinson LLP, The Broadgate Tower, 20 Primrose Street, London EC2A 2EW, (United Kingdom). Any company in our Group that provides you with goods, services or with whom you are in contact may use your Personal Information as described in this Privacy Notice.
For more information about us, our local companies, our brands and our presence in your jurisdiction, please visit www.myoplantnutrition.com
By “Personal Information” (in some countries referred to as “personal data” or “personally identifiable information”) we mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. This is broader than just information of a personal or private nature, and also includes information such as your name, date of birth, and e-mail address. Please see Section 3 below for what Personal Information is obtained from you.
By “Sensitive Personal Information” (in some countries referred to as “special categories of data”) we mean any Personal Information relating to an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data or biometric data processed for the purpose of uniquely identifying that individual, data concerning health, or data concerning an individual’s sex life or sexual orientation. It also includes information about an individual’s criminal offences or convictions, as well as any other information deemed sensitive under applicable data protection laws.
- SCOPE OF OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
Our Privacy Notice applies to all Personal Information we collect, use, share or otherwise process through our business activities, both online and offline, which display, link or refer to this Privacy Notice, including:
– our websites;
– our official social media pages;
– our e-mails;
– our apps;
– our online and offline campaigns; and
– your conversations or correspondence with our representatives.
Throughout this document, we will refer to our online activities as “Sites” and to our offline activities as “Services“.
You should be aware of the fact that our Sites may contain hyperlinks to third party websites or apps, which are not controlled by us and which are not covered by this Privacy Notice. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these third party websites or apps. As these third parties may collect your Personal Information, we suggest that you consult the privacy policies of these third parties to learn more about their use of your Personal Information.
- FAIR AND LAWFUL PROCESSING
We process your Personal Information for the purposes listed below on the basis of your consent, unless stated otherwise. In some cases, where required by local law, we may ask for your explicit consent for processing your Personal Information for a specific purpose.
We only collect, use, disclose or otherwise process your Personal Information where it is fair and lawful to do so.
In many cases providing your Personal Information to us is necessary for the performance of your contract with us; if you do not wish to provide your Personal Information to us, we may not be able to provide you with the products and services you have requested from us.
- HOW DO WE OBTAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal Information obtained from you directly
Firstly, we may obtain your Personal Information from you directly, e.g. when you sign up for our newsletters, register on our Sites, buy a product from us, fill out a survey, make a comment or enquiry, post something on our social media pages or subscribe to direct marketing.
Personal Information collected this way may include:
– E-mail address;
– User name;
– Telephone number
– Date of birth;
– Product purchase and usage information;
– Household information;
– Information, feedback or content you provide regarding your marketing preferences;
– User-generated content, posts and other content you submit to our Sites;
– Any other Personal Information you voluntarily provide us with directly.
Personal Information collected automatically
Personal Information collected this way may include:
– Information about your (mobile) device or your type of browser;
– Information about the way you use our websites, such as details of the web pages you have viewed, the banners and the hyperlinks you have clicked, etc.;
– Whether you have opened e-mails sent by us to you;
– The websites you have visited before arriving at one of our websites;
– Your IP address;
– The hyperlinks you have clicked;
– Your user name, profile picture, gender, networks and any other information you choose to share when using third party sites (such as when you use the “Like” functionality on Facebook);
– a hardware identification number that uniquely identifies each device on a network.;
– Information you choose to share by using social media tools incorporated in our Sites or using your social media log-in details to access certain MYO Plant Nutrition product Sites or applications; and
– Information you share with us about your location. Where we are required to do so by local law, we will only use that information where you have agreed that we can.
Personal Information obtained from other sources
Lastly, we may also collect Personal Information about you from other sources. These other sources may include:
– Our trusted business partners;
– Social media sites;
– Consumer research organisations;
Credit reference agencies; and
Other members of our Group.
Personal Information collected this way may include your purchase behaviour, publicly observed data or Personal Information from activities such as blogs, videos, internet postings and user generated content.
- THE PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your Personal Information for the following business purposes:
– Based on your contract with us, handling and managing your purchase, for instance to communicate to you with respect to your purchase, to process your payments, to deliver the purchased products and Services, and to offer you the necessary customer service;
– Allowing you to participate in promotions, contests, surveys and polls;
– Allowing you to share information and ideas on our social media pages, forums, blogs and other communication channels, to participate in social sharing and to send messages to a friend through our Sites or the websites of our trusted business partners;
– Better understanding your needs in order to provide you with more relevant information, testing, developing and evaluating new products and improving our existing products and Services, conducting market research and audits, identifying user trends and examining the degree of effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and degree of satisfaction of our customers;
– Telling you about our products and Services, and sending you promotional materials (such as announcements relating to new products, promotions, savings programs, joint promotions and other programs) relating to our brands and those of our carefully selected trusted business partners, subject to your consent to such marketing where required by local law;
– Managing our Sites, and tune the experience and content of our Sites to your previous activities on our Sites, in view of personalizing your experience when visiting our Sites;
– Responding to our requests or enquiries;
– Dealing with any product adverse events you report to us;
– Administering general record keeping; and
– Meeting legal and regulatory requirements.
Your local law may require us to set out in this Privacy Notice the legal grounds on which we rely in order to process your Personal Information. In such cases, our use of your Personal Information is permitted by law because:
It is necessary for our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of information, services and products to you and in the effective and lawful operation of our business (in each case provided such interests are not overridden by your rights);
It is necessary for taking steps to enter into a contract with you for the products you purchase, or for carrying out our obligations under such a contract;
It is required to satisfy any legal or regulatory obligations that we are subject to; and
In limited circumstances and if required by local law, you have agreed to us processing your Personal Information, such as when you opt into marketing, or processing with your explicit consent in the case of Sensitive Personal Information, such as health information.
We may create anonymous data records from Personal Information by excluding all information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyse our products and services. We reserve the right to use such anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties, including but not limited to our research partners, in our sole discretion.
- TO WHOM WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Personal Information may be shared between the different companies and brands of our Group, for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. As we have stated above, this Privacy Notice applies to all these companies’ and brands’ use of your Personal Information. For more information about us, our companies, our brands and our presence in your jurisdiction, please visit www.myoplantnutrition.com
We may share your Personal Information with our chosen email provider, Mailchimp. Mailchimp is an online marketing platform operated by The Rocket Science Group LLC, a US company that stores Personal Information in the US. The Rocket Science Group LLC is registered under the EU-US Privacy Shield framework – see Section 12 below.
We may share your Personal Information with other trusted third party service providers who work on our behalf, such as marketing agencies, market research companies, e-commerce fulfilment partners, software, data hosting and other IT service providers, merchants selling MYO Plant Nutrition products, call centres and payment processors. These third party service providers are required to use your Personal Information only to provide the services requested by us or otherwise in accordance with our instructions.
We may also share your Personal Information with our business partners, advertisers (where we are permitted to do so) and data exchanges, so that we can offer you tailored content, including more relevant advertising for products and services which may be of interest to you. These third parties may set and access their own cookies, web beacons and similar tracking technologies on your device in order to deliver customised content and advertising to you when you visit our Sites.
If the Group is acquired or another company acquires a Group company, business, or our assets, that company may acquire all or part of the Personal Information collected by us and will assume the rights and obligations regarding your Personal Information as described in this Privacy Notice. In the unlikely event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, your Personal Information may also be transferred as a business asset, subject to applicable law.
We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary for our legitimate interest or prudent in light of our obligations under applicable law:
In connection with any legal investigation;
– To comply with relevant laws or to respond to court orders, subpoenas or warrants served on us;
– To protect or defend our rights in legal procedures; or
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We value the trust you place in us.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access and against all other unlawful forms of processing.
The Personal Information you provide us with is stored on computer systems located in controlled facilities which can only be accessed by a limited number of persons who have a need to know in order to carry out their tasks and any services requested by you.
- YOUR CHOICES REGARDING DIRECT MARKETING
We may periodically send you free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our products and Services which we believe are useful for you, if you have consented (opted-in) to receive such messages via e-mail or any other electronic channel (where such opt-in is required under your local law).
If you do not wish to receive such communications anymore, you will always have the opportunity to “opt out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each of our direct marketing e-mails or by contacting us directly (please see our contact information at “how to contact us” below).
Where permitted under applicable law, we may send you service messages identifying any updates to our Privacy Notice (even where you have opted out of receiving marketing messages from us).
- YOUR RIGHTS
Depending on your location, you may have various rights in relation to your Personal Information. In particular, you may have the right to:
Request a copy of Personal Information we hold about you;
Ask that we restrict the way in which we use your Personal Information;
Ask that we update the Personal Information we hold about you, or correct any Personal Information that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
Ask that we delete Personal Information that we hold about you (the “right to be forgotten”);
Withdraw consent at any time for the future to our processing of your Personal Information (to the extent such processing is based on consent);
Object to our processing of your Personal Information (including for direct marketing purposes); or
Request your Personal Information be transferred to you or another data controller (the “data portability” right).
If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your Personal Information or any privacy query or request that you have raised with us, you have a right to complain to your local data protection regulator. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the regulator so please contact us in the first instance – details are provided in Section 13 below.
- HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only retain your Personal Information as long as reasonably required for the purposes as set out in this Privacy Notice or otherwise to comply with legal or regulatory requirements applicable to us.
When your Personal Information is processed:
– For the performance of your contract with us, we retain your Personal Information for a period of 6 years following completion of a contractual order;
– For meeting, legal and regulatory requirements, we retain your Personal Information as it is set out by the applicable law; and
– In all other cases, we process your Personal Information, depending on the type, for up to 2 years from the date of our last interaction with you.
Our Sites are not directed towards children and we request that children below the age of 18 do not provide Personal Information through our Sites.
- TRANSFERS TO OTHER COUNTRIES
Your Personal Information may be transferred to and processed in other countries where laws governing the processing of Personal Information may be less stringent than the laws in your country (including jurisdictions outside the European Economic Area).
In such cases, where required by local law we will ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your Personal Information. Depending on the location of the MYO Plant Nutrition entity exporting the relevant Personal Information, this adequate safeguard might be a data transfer agreement with the recipient based on standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission. Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
Where we are legally required to do so, further details of these transfers and copies of these agreements are available from us on request.
To the extent required and valid under your local law, you consent will be obtained for your Personal Information being transferred and processed this way.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments, questions or complaints regarding this Privacy Notice or our processing of your Personal Information, or would like to exercise any of the rights set out at “your rights” above that are applicable in your location, you can contact us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
You may also write to us at:
MYO Plant Nutrition, FAO Hill Dickinson LLP, The Broadgate Tower, 20 Primrose St, London, EC2A 2EW
- CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice was last modified in March 2020. This document is a notice to you and not a contract between us. We may occasionally modify or amend it from time to time. When we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will update the revision date at the top of this Privacy Notice. Where those changes are material, we will take steps to let you know. The new modified or amended Privacy Notice will apply from that revision date. Please always verify whether you have consulted the latest version of the Privacy Notice.